If you are like most homeowners, your garage has become a catch-all for everything from holiday decor to sports equipment. Even if you don’t have a lot of extra stuff, your car might not fit because of all the boxes and lawn chairs taking up space. If this sounds familiar, consider building ceiling garage storage. This will get everything up and out of the way so you can park your car in the garage again!
Ceiling garage storage is not as difficult to build as it might seem. With a little time and effort, you can have a sturdy, functional storage system that will keep your garage organized and clutter-free. The first step is to gather the supplies you will need. In most cases, you will be able to find everything you need at your local home improvement store.
Tools and materials needed
Before beginning this project, you will need to gather the following tools and materials:
-1 inch hole saw
-(2) cleats per board
You will also need the following materials:
-High grade 2×4 lumber (douglas fir or hemlock) for the frame (If desired, you can have these cut to size at the store.)
-Exterior grade plywood for the shelves (If desired, you can have this cut to size at the store.)
With these tools and materials, you will be able to build sturdy, long lasting ceiling storage in your garage!
How to make garage ceiling storage
If you are wondering how to make garage ceiling storage, here is a guide that will help you.
1. First, decide what type of material you will use for your garage ceiling storage. There are many different options available, so make sure to choose something that will work well in your specific garage.
2. Once you have chosen your material, it is time to start measuring and cutting the pieces that you will need. This is a very important step, so make sure to take your time and measure everything carefully.
3. After you have all of your pieces cut, it is time to start assembling your garage ceiling storage. Follow the instructions that came with your materials, and make sure to double check everything before you screw or nail it into place.
4. Once your garage ceiling storage is assembled, it is time to install it in your garage. Again, follow the instructions that came with your materials and use caution when working with tools and power saws.
5. Finally, once your garage ceiling storage is installed, enjoy being able to organize your garage and get rid of the clutter!
We hope you’ve enjoyed this guide on how to build ceiling garage storage. This type of storage is a great way to make use of the wasted space in your garage, and it’s a great way to keep your belongings organized and out of the way. With a little time and effort, you can easily build ceiling garage storage that will last for years to come.